Single grove-grown (monocultivar), extra virgin olive oils have powerful, distinct flavors that vary by growth region and harvest date. Yet, for that powerful taste, they are surprisingly light and smooth, sometimes fruity and sweet and sometimes buttery or peppery, with no bitterness or acrid after taste. They are always first cold-pressed, which produces oils that are light in texture with a moderate flavor intensity.
Pure extra virgin olive oil:
- is rich in monounsaturated fats
- has a healthy balance between omega 6 fats and omega 3 fats
- lowers blood sugar levels and blood pressure
- lowers cholesterol levels in the blood
- can be used for cooking and in salad dressings
- is often used in skin care products
Our extra virgin olive oils are produced by small farms, or imported by distributors, that implement rigorous quality control systems in the production process. In addition to being SQF (Safe Quality Food) Level 2 (Food Safety) certified, every one of our products is thoroughly tested and guaranteed to meet strict IOC (International Olive Council) quality standards and even higher internal standards for freshness and taste.